ThoughtForm is a team of people who produce innovative solutions for Fortune 500s and select nonprofits. Our approach blends business strategy with design methods to shape and present complex stories to business and consumer audiences with remarkable clarity.
We seek people who are intrigued by the combination of strategy and design, want to collaborate with a great team, value curiosity and learning, and like to work hard while having fun. We work in a light-filled riverfront office on Pittsburgh’s South Side. ThoughtForm offers competitive compensation and benefits, flexible working hours, free parking, and direct access to an adjacent river trail.
Currently, we’re looking for an information-oriented designer with a passion for untangling and explaining complex topics. This position is right for someone with three to six years’ experience.
This position is focused on organizing complex information into clear and compelling visual communications in a range of media. The position also includes participation in qualitative and exploratory research, client session facilitation, and communication strategy.
Designers at ThoughtForm work hand in hand with strategists and writers, as well as directly with clients. Our environment is self-driven and highly collaborative. We value face-to-face interactions, both internally and in client relationships.
You’ll find this position to be a good fit if you:
· learn actively and quickly
· work well in a group setting
· are comfortable taking initiative
· collaborate well and communicate often
· care about both business strategy and user needs
· have strong visual skills including type, illustration and layout
· enjoy organizing information
· relish the challenge of integrating words and visual design
· are not afraid of writing as part of the design process
· have the stamina to chunk through detailed content
· have a wide-ranging curiosity about how the world works
· are connected with the larger professional communication community
· are looking for the chance to do bigger things with a great team
If this opportunity interests you, and you think you have what we’re looking for, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your resume, along with a PDF or URL containing samples of your visual design work, to [email protected].