ThoughtForm is a team of design thinkers who produce innovative solutions for organizations pursuing innovation and transformation. Our approach blends business insights with design methods to shape strategies, support organizational readiness, and launch game-changing products and initiatives.
We seek people who are intrigued by the combination of strategy and design, and want to tackle big challenges in collaboration with smart, thoughtful colleagues. At ThoughtForm we enjoy a collaborative culture, the latitude to do our best work, and the freedom to focus on creative problem-solving with few distractions.
Currently, we’re looking for a Design Strategist to solve complex, systemic problems addressing innovation, change management, brand definition, customer experience, and other areas. You’ll define and execute projects as a collaborative leader, together with other ThoughtForm team members and clients. You should have a design-related bachelor’s or master’s degree, plus five to 12 years’ experience applying design and communication to strategic problems, including experience in a creative or consulting firm working with corporate clients.
You’ll find this position a good fit if you can:
• Take initiative and own your projects fully, with plentiful collaborative guidance but little traditional oversight.
• Think at a systems level and envision strategies that leverage context, aspirations, and trends to identify novel opportunities and envision means for achieving them.
• Capture and synthesize diverse inputs, including domain knowledge, client and stakeholder perspectives, user needs, and market opportunities.
• Explain and defend strategic points of view with senior team members and c-suite clients.
• Design and facilitate large-group workshops using design-driven exercises and methodologies.
• Identify organic opportunities within projects for additional services. (However, this is not a business development role—it’s exclusively design-focused.)
• Use language skillfully—from giving presentations, to drafting clear and compelling proposals, to crafting powerful stories.
• Create and deploy sophisticated design language that includes illustration, image, typography, color, motion, and interaction.
• Demonstrate strong skills in leadership, collaboration, and teamwork.
• Help develop thought leadership, share it with the community, and mentor junior team members.
You’d work with us in a light-filled environment designed for collaboration, with riverfront views and direct access to a rail trail. We are committed to providing a livable work life for our team—with a casual atmosphere, flexible schedules, minimal travel, unlimited PTO, regular team events, and a dog-friendly office.
If this opportunity interests you, and think you have what we’re looking for, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your resume, along with a PDF or URL containing work samples, to email@example.com.