ThoughtForm is a team of design thinkers that helps organizations implement effective change. Our approach blends business insights with design methods to shape strategies, support organizational readiness and launch game-changing products and initiatives.
As a Design Strategist, you will work together with a team of other designers, writers, and strategists to solve complex problems in change management, brand definition, customer experience, and more. You will act as a collaborative leader, defining and executing projects alongside other ThoughtForm team members and clients.
We’re seeking candidates who are intrigued by the combination of strategy and design. We look for people who want to tackle big challenges, and collaborate with smart, thoughtful colleagues. Our team enjoys a collaborative culture, and the freedom to focus on creative problem-solving with few distractions.
Qualified candidates have a design-related bachelor’s or master’s degree, and five to 12 years’ experience applying design to strategic problems. This should include experience in a creative or consulting firm working with corporate clients.
You’re a good fit for this position if you can:
- Own your projects fully with little traditional oversight.
- Think at a systems level and envision strategies that leverage context and trends.
- Identify novel opportunities and envision means for achieving them.
- Synthesize client and stakeholder perspectives with market opportunities.
- Advocate for strategic points of view with senior team members and c-suite clients.
- Design and facilitate group workshops and design-driven exercises.
- Identify opportunities within projects for additional services.
- Use language skillfully to craft powerful stories for presentations, proposals, and more.
- Create sophisticated design language that includes illustration, image, typography, color, motion, and interaction.
- Demonstrate strong skills in leadership, collaboration, and teamwork.
- Help develop thought leadership and share it with the community.
- Guide and mentor junior team members.
You’ll work with the rest of the ThoughtForm team in a flexible work environment designed for collaboration. Our office has beautiful riverfront views and direct access to a rail trail. We are committed to providing a livable work life for our team—with a casual atmosphere, flexible schedules, minimal travel, unlimited PTO, regular team events, and a dog-friendly office.
If this Design Strategist opportunity sounds up your alley, we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume, along with a PDF or URL containing work samples, to [email protected].