Please note that this is a contract position.
ThoughtForm is a team of people who produce innovative solutions for Fortune 500s and select nonprofits. Our approach blends business strategy with design methods to shape and present complex stories to business and consumer audiences with remarkable clarity.
We seek people who are intrigued by the combination of strategy and design, want to collaborate with a great team, value curiosity and learning, and like to work hard while having fun. We work in a light-filled riverfront office on Pittsburgh’s South Side. ThoughtForm offers competitive compensation and benefits, flexible working hours, free parking, direct access to an adjacent river trail, and a lovable office dog.
Currently, we’re looking for a business designer with a passion for untangling complex business challenges and shaping opportunities. This position is right for someone with two to five years’ experience, with an MBA degree.
In this position you will:
- Explore new opportunities to create business value
- Inform projects from the standpoint of research, analytics, modeling, validation
- Contribute to proposals and presentations relating to business needs
- Capture industry knowledge and best practices, and share with our team
- Analyze client’s market to understand key players, prime forces, and growth opportunities
- Contribute quantitative and qualitative analysis to shape recommendations
- Help analyze client’s business processes
- Model value propositions (price, production, distribution, customer benefit)
- Test prototype offerings with market and generate actionable insights
- Help develop a case for how our solutions add value to client enterprises
- Help plan and shape presentations for leadership teams
- Define strategic roadmaps for implementation of client initiatives
- Identify emerging client challenges that we can help solve
You’ll find this position to be a good fit if you:
- have a business education with a strong understanding of design
- learn actively and quickly
- work well in a group setting
- are comfortable taking initiative
- collaborate well and communicate often
- care about both business strategy and user needs
- have strong analytical skills
- write well
- have a wide-ranging curiosity about how the world works
- are looking for the chance to do bigger things with a great team.
If this opportunity interests you, and you think you have what we’re looking for, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your resume, along with a PDF or URL containing work samples, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that examples of your visual design work are required.