ThoughtForm is a team of people who research, plan, design, and produce innovative solutions to visual communication problems. We’re known nationally for solving complex, information-rich problems for many types of clients including Fortune 500s and nonprofits. Our projects blend business strategy and visual communication to present complex and important stories to business and consumer audiences with unusual clarity.
We seek people like us who love design and believe in it, want to collaborate with a great team, value curiosity and learning, and like to work hard while having fun. We tackle challenging projects for clients large and small in a light-filled riverfront office on Pittsburgh’s South Side. ThoughtForm offers competitive compensation and benefits, flexible working hours, free parking, direct access to an adjacent river trail, and a lovable office dog. Currently, we’re looking for an information-oriented designer with a passion for untangling and explaining complex topics. This position is right for someone with three to six years’ experience.
This position is focused on organizing complex information into clear and compelling visual communications in a range of media. The position also includes participation in qualitative and exploratory research, client session facilitation, and communication strategy. Designers at ThoughtForm work hand in hand with strategists and writers, as well as directly with clients. Our environment is self-driven and highly collaborative. We value face-to-face interactions, both internally and in client relationships.
You’ll find this position to be a good fit if you:
- learn actively and quickly
- work well in a group setting
- are comfortable taking initiative
- collaborate well and communicate often
- care about both business strategy and user needs
- have strong visual skills including type, illustration and layout
- enjoy organizing information
- relish the challenge of integrating words and visual design
- are not afraid of writing as part of the design process
- have the stamina to chunk through detailed content
- have a wide-ranging curiosity about how the world works
- are connected with the larger professional communication community
- are looking for the chance to do bigger things with a great team
If this opportunity interests you, and think you have what we’re looking for, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your resume, along with a PDF or URL containing work samples, to email@example.com.