ThoughtForm is a team of people who research, plan, design, and produce innovative solutions to visual communication problems. We’re known nationally for solving complex, information-rich problems for many types of clients including Fortune 500s and nonprofits. Our projects blend business strategy and visual communication to present complex and important stories to business and consumer audiences with unusual clarity.
We seek people like us who love design and believe in it, want to collaborate with a great team, value curiosity and learning, and like to work hard while having fun. We tackle challenging projects for clients large and small in a light-filled riverfront office on Pittsburgh’s South Side. ThoughtForm offers competitive compensation and benefits, flexible working hours, free parking, direct access to an adjacent river trail, and a lovable office dog.
Currently, we’re looking for a communication designer and strategist with a passion for untangling and explaining complex topics. This position is right for someone with three to six years’ experience. In this position you will:
- help to develop project approaches and proposals
- help plan and lead facilitation of group work sessions with clients and stakeholders
- help plan and lead fact-finding and qualitative research
- synthesize findings to develop a design approach and communication strategy
- organize complex information into clear and compelling visual communication
- create and design communication systems and tools in a range of media
- work hand in hand with designers, writers, and project managers
- guide clients through the design process.
You’ll find this position to be a good fit if you:
- have a design education and background
- learn actively and quickly
- work well in a group setting
- are comfortable taking initiative
- collaborate well and communicate often
- care about both business strategy and user needs
- have strong visual skills including type, illustration, and layout
- enjoy organizing information
- relish the challenge of integrating words and visual design
- are not afraid of writing as part of the design process
- have the stamina to chunk through detailed content
- have a wide-ranging curiosity about how the world works
- are connected with the larger professional communication community
- are looking for the chance to do bigger things with a great team.
If this opportunity interests you, and you think you have what we’re looking for, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your resume, along with a PDF or URL containing work samples, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that examples of your visual design work are required.