ThoughtForm is a team of people who produce innovative solutions for Fortune 500s and select nonprofits. Our approach blends business strategy with design methods to shape and present complex stories to business and consumer audiences with remarkable clarity.
We seek people who are intrigued by the combination of strategy and design, want to collaborate with a great team, value curiosity and learning, and like to work hard while having fun. We work in a light-filled riverfront office on Pittsburgh’s South Side. ThoughtForm offers competitive compensation and benefits, flexible working hours, free parking, direct access to an adjacent river trail, and a lovable office dog.
We’re looking for a project manager with a passion for understanding strategic business problems and working with creative teams to help solve them. This position is right for someone with five to seven years’ experience.
In this role you will:
- work hand in hand with strategists, designers, writers
- help develop project approaches and proposals
- become conversant in our clients’ businesses
- participate in group work sessions with our team and clients
- coordinate with our teams to maintain timely progress
- guide clients through their role in our projects
- listen for new project opportunities and help develop them
- lead communication with client and manage expectations
- manage project budget, scope, and schedule
- help locate and manage freelance resources
- share ideas for process and problem-solving improvements
You’ll find this position to be a good fit if you:
- have a deep curiosity about the business world
- are connected with the larger professional community
- learn actively and quickly
- can see the big picture and connect the dots
- can quickly build credibility and client confidence
- understand and believe in the power of design
- love anticipating and helping solve problems, big and small
- have experience managing budgets and schedules
- have skills and experience with project management software
- can recognize and build on business opportunities
- have great interpersonal and written communication skills
- communicate clearly and often
- are looking for the chance to do bigger things with a great team
If this opportunity interests you, and you think you have what we’re looking for, we’d like to hear from you. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.